The Pit Stop

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Family time at the Boston Temple

John was able to get Saturday of last weekend off and we needed some family time. We decided to take the girls to the temple. Sage knows all the words to the song "I Love to See the Temple" and when she sees our wedding picture in our room she says, I want to go to the temple! I can't describe the happiness I felt as I watched and listened to Sage's reaction to the temple. She's at an age where she really understands and takes things in. As soon as we stepped out of the car she looked at the temple for a while and then turned to me and said, "It's really big Mama." I said yes it is. She kept asking to go inside. She had the best time walking around the grounds. She tried to pick many flowers and we had to stop her. Sydney also had a grand time. Sage treated the concrete wall as a balance beam which was adorable. She also said "This is where Mommy and Daddy got married". We didn't tell her we got married in a different temple. I said, "Sage, are you gonna get married in the temple someday too?" She said, "Yeah, to a handsome prince like Daddy." That melted my heart. It was one of those moments I hope I never forget. There is nothing sweeter than my 2 year old daughter saying she wants to marry a handsome prince like Daddy in the temple. We felt like the best parents that day. I'll never forget it. I feel so grateful to live so close to a temple now. We used to drive 4 hours and now it's only 30 minutes away. A few minutes after we left, Sage said in the car, "Where did my temple go Mama? I want to see it one more time!" SO SWEET!


Here is Sage walking on the "balance beam"


Our sweet Sydney


This picture reminds me of something you'd see in the Ensign.


Our first family picture in front of the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment