The Pit Stop

Saturday, November 19, 2011

October-November 2011 Highlights

Wow, I kind of fell of the grid for a while but here I am again updating my blog.
Here are some highlights from October and November 2011.


In August 2011 I set a goal to do a half marathon in October. I did a half marathon in the fall of 2009 and I had a long way to go to be able to do that distance again. I ran in the Cape Cod Half Marathon on October 29th. It was a beautiful run, most of it along the ocean. It was a huge accomplishment for me and knowing that my adorable girls were waiting for me at the finish line made me push myself harder. Here we are right after the finish. Right after we took this picture Sage insisted on wearing my medal and wore it the rest of the morning.


Trick or treating with the girls was one of the biggest highlights of the entire year for me. We actually went trick or treating on 2 different days. We had a huge snow storm so Halloween was "cancelled" around here so our town and the neighboring town had trick or treating later on different days. John had to work on the first trick or treating night so it was just me and the girls. It was SO much fun for me to see Sage enjoy herself so much. At the first house they gave her a tootsie pop and she insisted on eating it right away. When I told her we'd have it later she freaked out so I gave it to her. By the 6th or 7th house she started to figure this whole thing out and she said, "I want to go to another house!" I could just see her mind at work: the more houses we go to the more candy I get in my pumpkin! :-) I created a candy monster. She wanted to eat it all as fast as possible so I had to hide the pumpkin after we got home. It was such a memorable night. One of the best things about halloween is it's an excuse to show off our cute kids to the neighbors. I loved all the compliments! I can't wait till next year.


When I saw these shirts at the store I had to get them. They also glow in the dark. This was taken of them on Halloween.


Here are Sage and Sydney with 3 of their cousins. Left to right is Lilly, Sage, Emma, Jack, and Sydney. Lilly and Jack are siblings. Emma and Sage are only 6 weeks apart. There are 2 more young cousins that weren't there, Abbey and Sam. This picture was taken at John's parents house in early November.


My Dad flew up to Boston and completely surprised me in November. He's a big fan of surprises. We had a great time with "Pops". A big highlight was going to Newport, Rhode Island to the International Tennis Hall of Fame Museum. It was awesome. This picture was taken as our whale watching boat left Boston Harbor. It was a LONG 3 hour (turned into 4 1/2 hour) tour. The girls cried a lot and Sage smashed her finger in a door. It was cool to see the whales, but we could not wait to get off that boat!

No comments:

Post a Comment