The Pit Stop

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sage's 1st Birthday!!!

I made this pinata cake under the direction of my genius sister via phone. It was my first time doing a cake like this so I was pleased with the way it turned out. The pinata is a replica of the birthday invitations I made.
We had the kids break a pinata in the backyard. This boy, Justin ended up beheading the pinata. The kids had a good time.
Here we are before singing happy birthday.
Right after we sang happy birthday everyone clapped and Sage took that as her cue to entertain so she played peekaboo with everyone. How cute is our daughter?


I took way too long to post this but better late than never! We had 2 birthday parties for Sage. The first was here in PA at John's parents house and the second was with my family in Texas. Her birthday is Cinco de Mayo so we had a great time with a fiesta theme. We had yummy mexican food, a cake shaped like a pinata, and a great time with everyone. Here are some pictures from the first party in PA.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a LOT of fun Val! Happy Birthday Sage! And yes, she is extremely cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cakes! You girls did an amazing job! Luke's birthday is on May 5th also! We gave birth on the same day:)

    Your daughter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete