The Pit Stop

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

10 lbs 10 ozs

Thursday Aug. 5th our second daughter arrived, arrived in a big way! Check out the title. That's right. That's her weight. All the nurses kept asking if Val had Gestational Diabetes which she didn't. After the docters pulled her out you can hear them all talking amongst themselves saying "Look how big she is" - "I bet she's nine pounds" - "I bet she's bigger" - "She's a whopper"

Needless to say Val gave birth to a 3 month old beautiful baby girl.

Sydney Raelyn Pitcavage

Her middle name is a combination of Val's Dads first name and her Mom's middle name. Sydney is derived from old english and means Wide Island. Rae, though represents her dads name, is a shortened form of Rachel. From Hebrew Rachel or Rae means Ewe. Lynn from the Welsh form of Llyn means Lake. And of course Pitcavage means Three wolves howling at the moon.

So if you put it all together her name beautifully means: The ewe that roams the wide island sips water from the lake with three wolves that howl at the moon.

John's segment is over.

Now onto Valerie.

I apologize for my hubby's "over the top" and weird version of the birth of our daughter. The first part is true about the nurses betting on how much she weighed. I had a scheduled c-section and good thing I did considering her size. My body didn't want to go into labor so we ended up scheduling it a week after my due date. This time was a little less stressful since we knew what to expect and it wasn't an emergency surgery like with Sage. Sydney is beautiful and chubby. She has such a cute round face and looks different than her big sister. So far she's been a content little thing but not too keen on sleeping at night. John has been an amazing husband and has gotten up with her all through the night so I can rest. My mom is here helping thank goodness. I probably would've lost my mind by now if she wasn't here. If only she could stay forever and help me! Anyone up for being my nanny without pay? It'll bring lots of blessings! :) Sage so far seems cool with having the baby around. She likes to call her baby all the time and last night she tried feeding Sydney bread while she was sleeping. She also likes to poke her face and tell us where her eyes, nose, ears, and mouth are. The cutest thing of all is when Sage gives her kisses. Anyway, we feel so blessed to have another special little spirit come into our family. Here are a few pictures of baby Sydney!



Our first family picture. Sage wasn't in the best mood so this is the best we could do.

Here we are right before leaving the hospital

Sydney sleeping on her Daddy's chest. How cute!


Sydney close-up



Sydney with her "NiNi"

9 comments:

  1. Ahh, she's adorable! I think she looks like you Val. Congrats, what a beautiful family!!!! Now if I can just get to PA for a visit life will be complete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I am SO glad that you had a c-section! :-) Chubby babies are the most beautiful babies! Congrats congrats. You'll be a wonderful mother of two. Those girls will be best buds. love you guys! Way to go Val!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous family! Wow, Val, you do NOT look like you just had a baby. You look great!I'm so happy for you all! I like that you both shared in posting this blog - good job, John! Way to think through that name!
    Don't worry, you'll get used to having two kids soon enough. But I do wish I could come over and help out once your mom leaves - having my three boys over while I helped you would indeed help you appreciate only having 2! :-) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks so chubby laying on John's stomach. You always wanted a really chubby baby. Hope she comes around to sleeping at night. And no matter what the name means technically, it's adorable. Take care and get lots of rest Val! I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A name etymology like that deserves a shirt like this:

    http://www.amazon.com/THREE-WOLF-MOON-SHIRT-ADULT/dp/B000NZW3IY

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwwww, big girl! sorry about the section but in hindsite, better.... Michael was 10, so you got me by almost an ounce.. and he ended up a c-section... fast recovery and beautiful family. you guys totally deserve it!!! congrats

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Valerie!! Thanks for the darling birth announcement. I still would just LOVE to catch up. Again, here is my email: smaina2003@hotmail.com. I hope Sage is enjoying the baby, too. If not...she will soon enough. There is nothing better that you could have given her than a 24-7 pal. They are going to have SOOOO much fun playing together!

    Love you and will forever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! She such a doll!!! I am so happy the birth was a little kinder to you this time around-you deserved it! Congrats on the growing family!

    ReplyDelete